IT KPI Dashboard Excel Template
Excel spreadsheet for IT departments. Track your key metrics in information technology with target-based and yearly comparisons. Printable trend charts.
As the businesses become more complicated, the pressure on the IT team is increasing enormously. However, you can demonstrate your contribution to the company through measurable and precise KPI metrics. Also, thanks to this IT KPI Dashboard Excel Template, you will be able to see how well your IT department is performing and take necessary action for weak areas.
We have accumulated the most frequently used 16 KPIs in the IT department and grouped them into five main groups consisting of the following:
Now, let’s see the details of the IT KPI Dashboard Excel Template.
IT KPI Dashboard Excel Template Features:
In the Dashboard, you can use the navigation buttons to switch between other sections. So here, the first section that which you are going to input your own values is Current Year Actual, Current Year Target, and Past Year Actual.
You will find a sample data, but you can also put your own data or add new IT KPI codes.
Warning!: Please note that when you add/remove a KPI code, you should change it in other sections as well. For example, if you add a new KPI to CY Actual section, don’t forget to change it in CY Target, PY Actual, and Cumulative.
Besides that, the template will allow you to see trends with the charts according to the selected KPI.
Finally, the dashboard shows monthly and cumulative results separately. In this way, you can see the comparison with last year’s figures and company targets. This is an efficient way to keep track of your critical metrics, make comparisons and take relevant actions.
Detailed Description of IT KPI Metrics in Excel Template:
Performance Management KPI Dashboard
– Number of New Tickets: How many issues appear in a specific period of time. All incoming problems or requests need to convert into a ticket. This KPI metric will enlighten and ease your way in telling how much value you bring to the organization.
– Open vs. Total Tickets (Total dept.): How many of the total tickets are resolved over time. A low ratio of resolved to open tickets might indicate a systematic problem such as wrong deadlines, the workload of the staff, resource allocation, and so on.
– Open vs. Total Tickets (per employee): This metric will give an opinion about each of your employee’s performance. You may look into if there is a specific issue for the employee who has dropped behind others.
– Average Task Completion Time: This metric will help you to keep your issue handling time under control for every employee.
– Support Employee per End User: An increasing ratio of support employees to end users show that you need to hire more support people in order to maintain your high-quality work without being so under pressure
Process Management KPI Dashboard
– % of Projects Delivered on Time: An insight into the delivery timeline for your project. it’s very easy to set clear targets for this metric and measure it if you manage your projects with timelines
– Quality Assurance per Project: In order to lower defect containment, you should set a target for the number of issues, bugs, or problems per project and start to track it.
– IT Service Chargeback or Showback: A chargeback system means applying the costs of IT hardware, software, cloud services, or shared services to the business unit in which they are used. Showback is similar to chargeback but the prices are for informational purposes only and no one is billed.
Financial Management KPI Dashboard
– Budget Discipline: Staying on a predefined budget is crucial in order to plan your investments and expenses. The main rule for this metric is ensuring that you break down your budget into different expenditure items in detail.
– % of Projects Delivered on Budget: This metric estimates if the cost of your project will be above or below your projected upper limit.
– ROI Percentage of IT Investments: ROI of an IT investment will answer the question, “How profitable is your investment?”. The most basic way to calculate ROI is the benefit (or return) of an investment divided by the cost of the investment.
– IT Costs vs. IT Revenue: This is one of the most important metrics to maintain steady and healthy growth. This comparison will put teams in a position to stay on target or address anomalies. If the percentage is steady and it is within your target range it shows that you drive safe.
Server Management KPI Dashboard
– Server Downtime & Uptime: This KPI metric refers to the period of time during which your IT infrastructure becomes non-functional because of some glitches with the server.
– Mean Time to Repair: Mean time to repair represents the time between the start of a system problem. The moment it gets resolved.
IT Happiness KPI Dashboard
– Net Promoter Score per Project: Net Promoter Score measures the satisfaction of your business partner. Once you have completed a project, you should ask them to rate it and get feedback. Usually measured on a scale from 1 to 5 representing the amount of the satisfaction of your business partner.
– Customer Effort Score per Project: Customer Effort Score measures the effort that your customer puts in personally to have the request handled. It is usually measured on a scale from 1 to 5 representing the amount of your customer’s effort.
IT KPI Dashboard Excel Template Features Summary:
- Monthly and Cumulative Analysis of KPI for IT Department
- Comparison with Past Year and Target values
- Summary dashboard supported with interactive charts
- Easy to use and nice design for presentations
- Clear on-sheet instructions
- Compatible with Excel 2007 and later versions
- Works both on Windows and Mac
- No installation needed. Ready to use
- Full Print ready
- White Label
- Does not include any VBA macros