US Geographic Heat Map Generator
Easy to use Heat Map Excel Template for US states. Just put your data and your printable Geographic Heat Map will be generated automatically.
Using Heat Maps is a great method to visualize your geographic data. These can be used to show density, population, or any kind of distribution on regions such as countries, states, counties and so on. This United States Heat Map Generator will automatically paint the editable US Map in Excel and visualize your data according to the limitations you define!
For example, you may want to create a density map showing US Population Distribution per State which will look like this:
This looks cool! However creating a geographical heat map from scratch is not that easy, right?
Thanks to this Excel Template, you can create a geographic heat map at the state level for 50 states of US, IN JUST 3 STEPS:
- Paste/Type your values in the data section
- Choose your limits
- Choose your color set and click the button
YOUR US GEOGRAPHIC HEAT MAP IS READY!
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA HEAT MAP – EASY DATA AND TEXT MANAGEMENT FOR YOUR MAPS
Firstly, in the template, you can put your own data and texts which you want to be displayed per state on the map:
You can also show values on states if you want (e.g. sales per state):
FLEXIBLE SETTINGS TO CONFIGURE YOUR MAPS
Above all, our heat map generators come with several options which let you customize the output easily.
1. Color Palette: Upon our research, we have selected the five most used color palettes for these kinds of charts. However, you can easily change these default palettes with your own colors. Just select the cell and paint it as you normally do in Excel. Click “Select” and press the Paint button to apply changes to US Heat Map generator Excel template.
2. Data Limits: This is your legend. You can define which values should fall into the corresponding color on the left. Please make sure that the first value is always zero and the last value is something very high so that all your values stay within limits. Any state which doesn’t fall into limits will be painted gray.
3. Text Settings: In this section, you can select what to show on the state’s map. You have three different quick text selections. Besides no text and state names, you can display whatever you want on the states. Just put your own text in the Text column in the data section and select “Display Text” at this section.
Here you can also change the font size of texts to be displayed on the map. This is pretty useful especially when you need to fit texts over certain states.
4. Background and Border Colors: In this section, you can change the United States of America heat map background color and state border color.
5. Export to PDF: When you finish creating your heat map, you can easily export to PDF by clicking this button. Besides exporting to PDF, you can anytime just copy the map area and paste it into your Powerpoint presentation as well.
EDITABLE US STATES MAP SHAPES
Moreover, sometimes you may want to make some changes specific only to a few states. With this template, you receive all editable map shapes. This is very useful especially when you want to make individual changes and copy-paste them into your Powerpoint slides or anywhere you wish.
For example, after completing your US heat map you wanted to select some individual states and paint them in purple. To clarify, just unlock the template and select the state shapes as you would normally do in Excel:
Additionally, you can change the size, color, shape and even make your own custom map!
Finally, the template comes with instructions about how to use the tool. Also, if you want a clear view and don’t want to be distracted, you can turn off these guidance texts anytime you want:
United States Heat Map Excel Template Features Summary:
- Unique product for auto generation of heat maps in Excel
- Full US heat map with 50 states
- Includes a separate version with Washington D.C.
- Fully editable state map shapes
- Works both on Mac and Windows
- No installation needed. Ready to use.
- Export to PDF feature
- Full Print Ready
- White Label
- Flexible customization options
- 5 Premade color sets to choose from (you can even modify as you wish)
- On Sheet Instructions
- Compatible with Excel 2007 and later versions