US Counties Heat Map Generators
Excel Template to generate heat maps for US Counties. Editable county shapes. Copy paste into Powerpoint.
Geographic Heat Maps are great when you want visualize your data distribution over regional mediums (such as US counties). They are being used in many areas like sales dashboards for companies, votes distribution during elections, statistical maps in meteorology and many more.
For example, you may want to create a heat map showing Population Distribution per California County which will look like this:
This looks cool! However, making density map from scratch is not as easy as it sounds. That’s why we have prepared Dynamic Heat Map Generators which will let you to create these kind of charts in a few seconds. The best part is, all in Excel! No installation necessary. Works in both Windows and Mac.
How to prepare a US county Heat Map with this template in less than a minute:
- Put your own values into data section (you can just copy-paste from another source)
- Choose your limits for painting
- Choose your color palette (or make your own)
That’s it! When you click the button, all your values will be reflected onto the map automatically.
EASY DATA AND TEXT MANAGEMENT FOR YOUR MAPS
In the template, you can put your own data and texts which you want to be displayed per county on the map:
You can also show values on counties if you want:
FLEXIBLE SETTINGS TO CONFIGURE YOUR MAPS
The United States of America Counties Heat Map Generators come with several options that lets you customize the output easily.
1. Color Palette: Upon our research, we have selected the five most used color palette for these kind of charts. However, you can easily change these default palettes with your own colors. Just select the cell and paint it as you normally do in Excel. Click “Select” and press the Paint button to apply changes.
2. Data Limits: This is your legend. You can define which values should fall into corresponding color on the left. Please make sure that first value is always zero and last value is something very high so that all your values stay in limits. Any county which doesn’t fall into limits will be painted gray.
3. Text Settings: In this section, you can select what to show on the counties map. You have three different quick text selections. Besides no text and county names, you can display whatever you want on the counties. Just put your own text in the Text column at data section and select “Display Text” at this section.
Here you can also change the font size of texts to be displayed on map. This is pretty useful especially when you need to fit texts over the counties.
4. Background and Border Colors: At this section you can change the map background color and county border color.
5. Export to PDF: When you finish creating your heat map, you can easily export to PDF by clicking this button. Besides exporting to PDF, you can anytime just copy the map area and paste into your Powerpoint presentation as well.
EDITABLE COUNTY SHAPES
Sometimes you may want to make some changes specific only to few counties. With this template, you receive all editable map shapes of the purchased state. This is very useful especially you want to make individual changes and copy-paste into your Powerpoint slides or anywhere you wish.
For example, after completing your Texas map you wanted to select some individual counties and paint them in purple. Just unlock the template and select the county shapes as you would normally do in Excel:
You can change the size, color, shape and even make your own custom map!
Template comes with the instructions about how to use the tool. If you want a clear view and don’t want to be distracted, you can turn off these guidance texts anytime you want:
US COUNTIES HEAT MAP GENERATORS FEATURES:
- Unique US Heat Map Excel Template for auto generation of counties.
- Available for all 50 states of USA
- Fully editable county map shapes
- Works both on Mac and Windows
- No installation needed. Ready to use.
- Export to PDF feature
- Full Print Ready
- White Label
- Flexible customization options
- On Sheet Instructions
- Compatible with Excel 2007 and later versions