Automatic Flowchart Maker in Excel
Flowchart maker is a spreadsheet that generates flowcharts from excel data automatically. No installation necessary. Works in Mac & Windows.
Flowcharts are used in different areas to plan and even maybe develop the whole complex processes to turn them into an easy-to-understand diagram. This Automatic Flowchart Maker is an Excel template where you input your data and it creates your workflow with a button click! With the advanced customized settings, you may adjust your flowchart as you wish.
- It points out the workflow of a system, process, project, or analysis.
- It summarizes the whole concept step by step by various kinds of connected boxes by arrows to understand the workflow.
- These connected boxes visualize what is going on and help you to understand the process much easier.
HOW TO USE EXCEL FLOWCHART MAKER TEMPLATE?
Most of the flowchart makers on the web are based on a drag and drop method. For instance, you have to drag every single shape, connect them, and write processes inside the shape each time you create a shape… However, Excel Flowchart Maker will provide a quick and easy-to-use framework to visualize your flow diagram & make charts with one button click.
- ID: Give ID for each step. This will be helpful to connect a step to another one.
- Next ID: Determine which ID or IDs your shape is going to connect to.
- Decision Labels: If your shape is a diamond (decision) that shape will be leading to more than one shape. Type down the labels according to the data order in the Next ID column.
- Shape Types: Choose your necessary shape from the dropdown menu.
MOST USED SHAPES
Each shape has a different meaning in the flowchart Excel template. However, the most used shapes are:
- Oval: An oval shape represents the start and the end of the whole process. It indicates how does it start and where does it end.
- Rectangle: Rectangles are used as casual processes to move on to the other step.
- Diamond: Diamond shapes represent a decision. Depending on the decision to be made, there could be other steps to be completed first. Diamond shape covers them all to reveal the uncertainty in the flowchart.
- Parallelogram: Parallelograms indicate an input or an output.
- Arrows: Arrows serve as connectors in the flowcharts. It shows the relationships of connected boxes
After completing these steps click on the button “CREATE FLOWCHART”.
Then, your Automatic Flowchart will be ready instantly!!!
EXCEL FLOWCHART TEMPLATE – CUSTOMIZED SETTINGS
Not that only you can create a flowchart but you can also set it according to your preferences. You do not need to set the settings below to create a chart. However, you can create a personalized custom chart for yourself.
The last two columns of the dashboard are optional to use but they can be useful if you want to change the position of the next shapes you refer to or shape color. In addition, Excel flowchart template will ignore undefined inputs.
Next ID Position: You may set the Next ID’s position from the drop-down menu in the FLOWCHART DATA.
Shape Color: You can set the color of each shape you want to display on the flowchart from the data.
Phase: You can visually group some of the steps with the phase column. Also, this feature may be used as a basic swimlane option.
Shape & Color Settings
In Excel flowchart template, these are the features below that you can set as the property of a shape:
- Chart layout: You can set it as Vertical or Horizontal to set the appearance of your flowchart.
- Shape Width & Height: You may set the width and height of the shape to be created.
- Shapes Gap (Horizontal and Vertical): You can set the Horizontal and Vertical gap between shapes to use your chart effectively.
- Font Size: You may adjust the font size of the text to be displayed on the shape
- Shape Color: You may add a new color to the color database to use that on a shape later.
So, do you want to create your flowchart according to the steps you determine and see your steps? Go ahead and use your Excel flowchart template!
- Error Check: You can click the error check button before creating the chart. It will let you know if there is an issue with your data input.
- More/Less Input: If you want to add more description in each of the steps, you can click more input buttons. If you include much more information, make sure to increase the sizes of the shapes or decrease the font so all the information can be visible in the flowchart.
- Clear Existing Data: You may use this button to restart with fresh data to create your flowchart.
Excel Flowchart Template Features Summary:
- Creates Editable Flowchart with a button click.
- Want to edit the chart? Drag and Drop it!
- Customizable Next ID position and Shape Color
- Decision Labels and Shape Type
- Shape Settings; Width/Height, Gap Size, Horizontal/Vertical, Font Size
- Clear on sheet instructions (with turn on/off function)
- Export to PDF feature
- Informational notes included
- No installation needed, ready-to-use
- Works both on Mac and Windows
- Compatible with Excel 2010 and later versions
- Includes VBA code and macros