5 Whys Excel Template
Excel Spreadsheet for 5 Whys Analysis. Find and track root causes of problems. Automatic charts & bars. Fully printable and flexible dashboard.
The 5 whys excel template is a simple brainstorming tool that can help teams with the Root Cause Analysis method. As a result, it finds the main reason behind problems to takes action for resolving them.
In addition, asking the 5 Whys, allows teams to move beyond obvious answers and reflect on less obvious explanations or causes.
The benefits of the 5 whys excel template is:
- Firstly, the excel template is simple, is not a highly technical process, and can be easily understood by teammates.
- Secondly, it helps teams with an understanding of the relationship between different root causes of a problem.
- Finally, using the 5 whys excel template will be helpful when dealing with problems related to human factors.
The 5 Whys Excel Template consists of two main sections:
1. Dashboard section
2. Problem section
Let’s have a deeper look into the main sections of this 5 whys excel template:
1. Dashboard Section:
As a matter of fact, the dashboard shows the overview of each problem set. Excel spreadsheets can analyze problems separately based on actions by using the drop-down list on the graphs.
You can see the problems, root causes, solutions, number of actions taken, and the status of each problem sets from the table.
Additionally, track the average progress of each problem from the charts and bars located on the right of the dashboard. Also, you can track the progress of all problems combined. The charts will automatically reflect any changes you make to each problem set.
2. Problem Section:
In the first place, the analysis begins by entering the problem in an excel template. Uniquely, there is a drop-down list next to the location of the problem, that allows you to select the problem’s status.
That’s to say, the steps are then listed in order of performance, and the main cause is identified. Generally, the last written reason is considered a root cause, and it is highlighted in blue.
Besides, on the lower part of the page, you can see each action for the solution: the assigned responsible person, the start/due date, and the progress level.
Lastly, you can change the status of the problem in the upper right corner of the Excel template.
A user can track actions from the “Dashboard” section by entering their responsibility, priority, start date, due date, and progress.
5 Whys Excel Template Features Summary:
- Drop-down list to analyze actions separately
- Works both on Mac and Windows
- Compatible with Excel 2010 and later versions
- Does not include any VBA code or macros
- Full print ready
- Informational notes included
- It is ready to use. You don’t have to install anything