Historical Stock Prices Excel Template
Excel spreadsheet to fetch historical stock prices. One-click access to data from NASDAQ and NYSE. No installation needed. Ready to use.
All traders need to see the past data to discover patterns. You not rely on luck. However, now this Historical Stock Prices Excel Template brings key historic data of NASDAQ and NYSE from Yahoo Finance for analysis with just a click of a button!
The analysis of previous data can give you an insight into the following aspects:
- Can provide you with an idea of which characteristics are normal and which are extraordinary and that might help you take important decisions on when to buy or sell.
- Looking at how a stock performed over time, there is less likely that you will get unexpected results
Historical Stock Prices Excel Template Features
Above all, this data scraper template provides raw data with several options for time selection that is ready for you to build graphics and perform analysis.
Then, let’s see the details of the Dashboard:
Basically, the dashboard is a kind of scraper page to get historical data for NYSE and NASDAQ stocks. So, all you have to do is putting your company symbols in the “Symbol” cell on the left, and enter the “Start Date” and “End Date” from which you want to receive the data. And click the “Fetch New Data” button. Thus, all other information in the table will fill out automatically.
Additionally, in the top right section, you can change the time frame according to your needs.
There are 2 navigational buttons that you can use to move throughout the historical stock prices excel sheet. Indicator Explanation will give details of each indicator here. Meanwhile, you will find the following data categories for each stock symbol for a period of up to 5 years.
Company Symbols List is a comprehensive list of all stock symbols you can use in this template. Use this section if you are not sure about the symbol of a company.
Historical Stock Prices Scraper Features Summary:
- Easy-to-use Stock Price Scraper
- No installation needed, ready-to-use
- Suitable for both beginner and experienced traders
- One-click access to data
- Informational notes included
- Compatible with Excel 2010 and later version
- Includes VBA code and macros
- Works on Windows