Excel Stock Price Calculator
Excel Stock Price Calculator fetches real time stock quotes from online platforms and generates the profit/loss of your portfolio!
Tracking financial market news and keeping up with the real time stock quotes can be hassle for most of the traders. Excel Stock Price Template is designed to give you the opportunity to get real-time stock quotes for your portfolio. So you can view the latest Apple or Amazon stock price to compare which one is better to invest.
With the help of built-in calculator, you can just enter your stock symbols and the number of shares you have bought. After that, you can see the real time value of your portfolio and the gain or loss compared to the previous day!
Now it gets easier than ever to see how your stocks perform at a click of a button. No login, monthly fees or complicated applications.
Excel Stock Price Calculator Features:
The template consists of two main sections:
- Portfolio Calculator
Basically, the flow of the template is:
Now, let’s start with reviewing the Excel Stock Price Dashboard.
This is a dashboard where you can collect different details of stocks. You need to fill in the “Symbol” column and rest of the table will be filled out automatically when you click “Fetch New Data”.
By the way, you can choose what info is collected by clicking on the column header and selecting another option. Just click on a header below and select a different indicator from the list. After that, again click “Fetch New Data” and the table will be updated.
How to Get My API Key?
To be able to fetch the data from IEX you need to have your own API Key which you can get with a few simple steps:
- Firstly, you need to create your free account here: https://iexcloud.io/
- There are several options you can consider but you can continue free plan selecting START and this plan includes:
- 500,000 Messages per month
- No credit card needed
- Non-commercial use only
- Once you select your plan, go to this page: https://iexcloud.io/console and click on API Tokens from the list at the left hand side:
- Your API Key Code is hidden behind the “Reveal secret token” button and once you press that button, your API Key Code will show up. Finally you can paste it as value to the “API Key section” to get stock quotes in Excel.
There are 3 different sections under the Navigation.
Portfolio Calculator: This section can be used to generate the profit/loss of your portfolio. Calculator fetches the latest values and calculates a total profit/loss according to your stocks and amount of shares. For example, you’ve bought stock from Apple, and you want to see the latest Apple stock price with your gain or loss. All you have to do is to fill in the required info and press the “Calculate” button. That’s all! Rest of the table will be filled automatically.
On column “Symbol” you need to enter the symbols for your stocks. If you just want prices to be generated it’s enough to just fill in the “Symbol” column and you can do your own calculations.
Now you can go to the next step on this Excel Stock Price template and enter the volume of stocks in your portfolio and the calculator will get real-time prices and last close price. Together with the volume of your portfolio, you will get the following:
- Total value of your portfolio
- Individual value of each stock in your portfolio
- Gain/Loss of each individual stock compared to the previous close
- Total Gain/Loss of all your stocks in your portfolio.
Top row shows the total shares, value and overall performance for your current portfolio.
You can also expand the portfolio region by dragging the bottom right of the table.
Indicator Explanations: In this section, you will find the details of each indicator. You can refer to these explanations below to see exactly what info you can request.
Company Symbols List: This is a comprehensive list of all stock symbols you can use in this template. Use this section as a reference in case you are not sure about the symbol of a company. You don’t need to look for it online if you don’t already know it.
Excel Stock Price Calculator Features Summary
- Stock Quotes in Excel
- No installation needed. Ready to use.
- Real-time portfolio view
- No monthly fees
- Suitable for both beginner and experienced traders
- Make your own calculation as the data is in Excel
- On Sheet Instructions
- Compatible with Excel 2007 and later versions
This template relies on their data provided by IEX. Someka is not responsible for any liability for any damages, whether direct or indirect, whether lost profits, indirect, special, or consequential damages of you or any other person seeking relief through you relating to the accuracy of or delays or omissions in any data.