Business Plan Template
Business Plan Template to summarize key drivers of your company. A comprehensive step-by-step guide to prepare your plan directly in Excel!
Business plans usually target external actors like outside stakeholders, government agencies, lenders, clients, and investors. But they can also be internally focused in times of a new product/service development, opening a new factory or branch, organizational restructuring, and other key changes in a business.
Business plan template provides detailed guidance to summarize the nature of your company. You can easily display your business drivers with company descriptions, marketing strategies, organization, financial projections, and other background information directly in Excel.
Business Plan Template Features
Our template offers a ready-to-use structure for a comprehensive business plan. With this tool, you will save a huge amount of time and energy with pre-defined sections and detailed guidance.
In addition to a navigation menu, our template includes six main sections: 1. Cover, 2. Introduction, 3. Marketing, 4. Organization, 5. Financials, 6. Summary.
This menu helps you not only to move among the different sheets but also to track the preparation phase of the whole plan. Under each main section, there are sub-category buttons to navigate through the relevant sheets. You can easily track the completed sheets by using the little checkboxes on the left side of each sheet.
The cover page is a ready-to-print sheet with the business name, contact info, report writers, and the date. The user may also change the logo by right-clicking and selecting the Change Picture option.
Under this section, the Company Description and Products/Services sheets summarize the main info of the business such as name, mission, core values, legal structure, etc., as well as the main properties of its products or services.
The marketing section of this business plan generator consists of six different marketing tools:
- Industry Analysis: This sheet gives a general outlook of the business industry.
- Target Market Analysis: You can define the target market of the business with geographic, demographic, psychographic, and behavioral levels.
- Competitive Analysis: You may make a competitive analysis by first defining the main factors and assigning an important point for each factor, and then giving scores for the business itself and the competitors for each factor. The overall weighted scores will be calculated automatically.
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis: This section lets the user explain the competitive environment with the Power of Buyers, Power of Suppliers, Threat of New Entrants, Threat of Substitutes, and Competitive Rivalry.
- SWOT Analysis: You can evaluate a business from internal (Strengths & Weakness) and external (Opportunities & Threats) aspects.
- Distribution: This section gives the main idea about the distribution channels of the business.
This sheet displays the organization and management prospects of the company. The first part is for the key managers of the business, with name, position, and expertise area. The second part is to define the human resources structure of the company. The user gives the estimated personnel number and the average salary for each department, and the template calculates the total estimated costs for human resources.
The financials section of the business planner consists of Sales Forecasts, three main Financial Statements, as well as a Financial Summary.
- Sales Forecasts: This area gives a prospect of sales projections for each target market for the five years, which you can easily may change. The total sales and year-over-year sales growth will be calculated automatically.
- Financial Statements: These sections provide ready-to-use Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement for five-year financial projections. The white areas are for the user to input data, while the gray shaded areas are calculations. You may change the years, but we highly recommend to you use the same five-year period for the sales forecasts and financial statements to get accurate financial summary results.
- Financial Summary: This dashboard is produced from the previous sales forecast and financial statement sheets. The template displays a clear financial outlook for the five-year projections of the business with key ratios and professional-looking charts.
The Summary section gives a general idea of the business, consisting of three main parts:
- Business Model Canvas: This section helps to summarize the key drivers of the business in nine main blocks with drag & drop post-it notes. The user may easily move these notes and change the size, colors, or fonts.
- Business Timeline: This list shows the expected milestones of the business with target dates. This will give a smooth road map for the company.
- Executive Summary: As one of the most important sections of a business plan, the Executive Summary gives a chance to explain its business to the targeted audience in his/her own words. This one-page brief of the company underlines the main description, goals, and prospects of the business.
Business Plan Template Features Summary:
- Summarize business with key drivers
- Provides a high-level overview of a business
- Guide to preparing a business plan
- Fully customizable and ready to print
- Informational notes included
- No installation needed, ready-to-use
- Works both on Mac and Windows
- Compatible with Excel 2007 and later versions
- Does not include any VBA code or macros